What's NEW?!

Clearance Bin

Check out our clearance bin on our Facebook Page to get amazing discounts for our mosaic kits!

Handmade Items for Sale

Great for gifts or for your own personal collection!

Friday 10 June 2011

Razzle dazzle 'em old things!

A lot of customers who drop by our booth during craft fairs ask what can they do with the tiles. Sometimes I draw a blank on how to answer, not because I don't know how, but because the answer is that it's limitless! So, I proceed to tell them about the easiest projects they can start out with. Photo frames. A lot of photo frames we are buying these days (think: IKEA) are either in black/white or in solid colours. Why not jazz them up with some sparkly tiles to match the interior of your house or the mood of the picture? 

Let me show you some example of some razzle-dazzlin' that I manage to do yesterday. If you will remember, I did a Home Improvement Challenge post about 2 weeks back asking readers to choose which one I should work on, a black vase, some coasters of a photo frame. In the end, it was decided that the photo frames needed some colours and later I did try out the coasters to see how it would like.

The frame before the dazzlin'
The frame after some dazzlin'
The reason why this is such a simple project is because of the straight lines functioning as borders around the frame. The tiles are currently sold in 5 x 5 mm squares and no cutting is required. All you have to do is get the colour combination that works for your frame and stick it. It didn't take me very long to finish this project :)

Now, for the coasters. I got some "pearl white" tiles to work with to achieve a "sea-shell" look on my coasters. I only did one so far - have a look at them:

Here's the plain-looking pear-shaped coaster.
Sticking the pieces together. The round corners were a bit tricky.
Voila! It's done!

I'm not sure if hubby would let me bedazzle the rest of them though!

So, there you have it folks! It's really easy, once you get pass the first 20 tiles or so. Why don't you start on some projects left aside this weekend? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...