What's NEW?!

Clearance Bin

Check out our clearance bin on our Facebook Page to get amazing discounts for our mosaic kits!

Handmade Items for Sale

Great for gifts or for your own personal collection!

Friday 1 July 2011

Mosaics in interior design

(Note: This post was written yesterday when Blogger was down)

Today has been a rather productive day for me. Been pushing around a Step 1-2-3 tutorial for the blog and finally I got around to doing it. Just two more frames to grout and and that's it! Can't wait to share it with you once it's done :) So I'm taking a short break now (and we know how "short" my breaks go...) with my Old Town coffee and Jacob biscuits and started surfdaydreaming (you know, surfing the net while day-dreaming).

If before I have been dreaming of french windows and clean, airy workspaces, today I am dreaming of a new home furnished with high-end interior design using what else, mosaics! Take a walk with me as I go through this house I'm dreaming of...


Firstly, wouldn't it be great to wake up to the birds chirping and the sun shining on... a textured mosaic backdrop?

It does make  you feel like royalty, doesn't it?
Now, on to the kitchen. I've always had a weakness for white built-in cabinets for the kitchen so this marble mosaic wall with white cabinets just hits straight to the mark.

So bright and airy. Love that it looks out into a garden.

Or what about something out of the ordinary?

Can you say "tropical paradise"? 


Another pet love - a window over the kitchen sink.
Besides the kitchen, I think the next most important personal space is the bathroom. And I'm just loving this minimalist design using ceramic mosaic tiles. I've never been a fan of dark walls but this just works - it feels like I can pull a mattress in and sleep on the tiled floor!

Can you feel the warm love? :)



Oh, be still, my beating heart.

View the designers' links here:
DecoDIR
Posterous
House Design Buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...